1151 - Public Communications Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: Superintendent
JOB GOAL: To maintain clear and open ties with local media in order to communicate with the communications and dispersal of information.
- Gather information, write Superintendent's message, edit, and copy and distribute monthly in-house newsletter.
- Prepare monthly School News Page for local newspapers.
- Create brochures, handouts, and other public information for administrators and departments as needed, such as tax initiative flyer, voted, leeway brochure, etc.; copy or arrange printing and distribution of publications.
- Plan and execute annual volunteer awards and honors banquet, including invitations, gifts, entertainment, certificates, plus other details and follow-up.
- Manage and execute plans, details, and follow-up for key communicators.
- Manage and execute plans, details, and follow-up for one or two media luncheons during the year.
- Design, copy and distribute School Food Service menus for classrooms and patrons.
- Member of School Food Service Advisory Council.
- Keep scrapbooks of school news clippings from newspapers for future reference.
- Facilitate and/or execute special events or projects, such as guests in the district, Christmas Tree Lane display, Utah Symphony school concerts, video production, radio, etc.
- Maintain membership in Utah School Public Relations Association.
- Keep abreast of trends and issues in order to improve job performance.
- Help district office staff with preparations for start of school.
- Chair public relations committee with representatives from each school.
- Prepare district activity calendar. Maintain and update as needed.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.