1007 - Parental Involvement
The Piute School District Board of Education believes parent/guardian involvement is an important part of the educational program. Current research indicates that a home/school partnership and greater involvement of parents/guardians, in the education of their children, generally results in higher achievement scores, improved student behavior, and reduced absenteeism. All parents/guardians of students enrolled in the district are encouraged to take an active role in the education of their children.
The Piute Board of Education directs the administration to develop the necessary regulations to ensure this policy is followed. Generally regulations will:
- encourage strong parent-school partnerships.
- provide for consistent and effective communication.
- offer parent/guardians ways to assist and encourage their children to do their best.
- offer ways parents/guardians can support classroom learning activities and
- provide opportunities for parents to be involved in the design, operation and evaluation of the program.
The Board of Education of Piute County reaffirms its desire to encourage free and open expression of concern by citizens, staff and students; to conduct its affairs under public scrutiny; to base its decisions on the discovered needs of the entire system rather than narrow self interests; and to conduct itself with dignity and fairness in all its business. Finally, the Board reaffirms its accountability to the public it serves and its special accountability to the children it seeks to educate.
Title-I Parent Involvement Policy
Piute County School District will develop a plan to specifically involve the parents of children in Title-I schools.
This parent involvement plan shall:
- Be developed with parents, teachers, and administrations in Title-I programs.
- Involve parents, teachers and administrators in the process of reviewing the implementation of the plan and making suggested improvements.
- Provide the coordination, technical assistance, and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parental involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
- Provide strategies to build the schools' and parents' capacity for strong parental involvement.
- Coordinate and integrate Title-I parental involvement strategies with those of other educational programs.
- Provide, with the involvement of parents, for an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parental involvement procedures in improving the academic quality of the schools served.
- Provide strategies to involve parents in the activities of the schools served by Title-I programs.