Welcome to Piute School District Career and Technical Education! CTE provides all students access to high-quality, rigorous career-focused programs that result in attinment of credetials with labor market value.
CTE provides courses and Pathways consistent with industry standards. Exploratory courses begin in the seventh grade, and subsequent courses teach students specific job readiness and job skills, which can lead to employment and postsecondary education.
Utah Career Pathways align with and are categorized by the national Career Clusters®. Each Career Pathway culminates in an industry recognized credential of value.
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Visual Technology and Communications
- Business, Finance and Marketing
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Education and Training
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Role of Secondary CTE:
- Introduce students to career options.
- Assist in development of career goals.
- Provide technical skills.
- Provide occupation-specific skills.
- Prepare students for further education and training.
College and Career Awareness:
Utah’s College and Career Awareness program provides junior high students with the direction, decision making, and planning needed in order to select their career path.
- Education and occupation exploration
- Career planning
Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program:
Utah’s Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program assists students and their parents in the development of a College and Career Ready Plan. The program enables students to:
- Explore career possibilities.
- Expand their opportunities and set personal education and career goals.
Skill Certificate Program:
CTE provides skill certificates in courses and programs in grades 9-12. The Skill Certificate exams verify skill attainment and, where available, industry exams are offered. This accountability system assures that all courses and programs in the state are consistently teaching to the standards established by experts in that occupational area.
Utah’s Work-Based Learning program narrows the gap between theory and practice. Students have opportunities to see how classroom instruction connects to the world of work and future career opportunities through these activities.
- Career Fairs
- Field Studies
- Guest Speakers
- Job Shadows
- Student Internships
Annual CTE Public Notification of Nondiscrimination
- Piute School District offers Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs/pathways in (link to all CTE programs offered).
- Admission to these programs are open to all students and available at Piute high schools.
- It is the policy of Piute School District not to discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex or disabilities in its CTE programs, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 ; and Section of 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
- It is the policy of Piute School Distict not to discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, and disabilities or age in its employment practices as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
- Piute School District will take steps to assure that the lack of English skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in all educational and CTE programs.
- For more information about your rights or grievance procedures, contact the Title IX Coordinator at 500 North Main, Junction, UT 84740;