1149 - Food Service
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties related to the day-to-day preparation and delivery of school food service to students.
- Possesses a food handler's permit or license.
- Have the ability to perform vigorous physical work.
- Have one or more years experience in institutional, restaurant or school kitchen environment.
- Have a working knowledge of various nutrition standards, specialized menu development and procedures associated with meal preparation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, school staff and students.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY:
- Some knowledge of various types of kitchen equipment and their uses.
- Some knowledge of safety standards, sanitation and health standards.
- Some knowledge of food borne diseases.
- Ability to determine the size of servings to meet the necessary requirements with regard to the ages of those served.
- Stores and cares for food in accordance with health guidelines.
- Prepares food according to planned menu, uniform recipes, and determine quality of product served.
- Ability to assist children as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS This position may change or evolve in the future, but is not limited to the following:
- Prepares and serves food daily in the cafeteria.
- Utilizes various recipes, proportions and receipt contents according to estimated serving needs.
- Operates various types of commercial kitchen equipment, such as mixers, slicers, graters, choppers, steam tables, ovens, deep fat fryers, etc., as needed to prepare, cook and serve meals.
- Washes dishes and equipment and assists in work area clean up.
- Prepares a variety of meals.
- Sets up food serving lines.
- Serves food and controls food line activity to assure orderly and efficient meal service.
- May accept money, tickets, etc., for food and beverage service - optional.
- Conform to District policy regarding attendance and absences. Employee attendance must be adequate to perform the above listed essential information.
- May transport food to another location and organize food distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Not limited to the following:
- Physical ability to perform the above listed essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical, mental, and emotional requirements will be developed when needed for purposes of reasonable accommodation.
NOTE: This list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requires of the job.