1134 - Techonology Director Job Description
The job of Technology Director was established for the purpose/s of supervising the integration of technology to enhance and support the learning environment; providing information and serving as a resource to others; achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services in compliance with established guidelines; and serving as a member of the leadership team.
This job reports to Superintendent
- Leads with developing policies, procedures, budgets, and long-term planning related to the acquisition and implementation of technology-based solutions (e.g. computers, networking, software, peripherals, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring technology resources within established timeframes in compliance with related requirements.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. staff, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with organization policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
- Coordinates a variety of projects and/or meetings with internal and external personnel (e.g. other administrators, public agencies, community members, etc.) for the purpose of delivering services in a timely manner.
- Technology Director is also designated as the Student Data Manager, IT Security Officer. Director will be responsible for managing and implementing policies and procedures for best practices in data privacy. Director will also be responsible for keeping up to date on USBE mandates and recommendations.
- Evaluates educational technology programs for the purpose of providing recommendations for the integration of educational technology into the curriculum.
- Facilitates meetings, workshops, seminars, etc. for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff, and serving as a District representative.
- Supervises and sometimes installs computer hardware, peripherals, and network equipment and application software for the purpose of maintaining safe and effective District and site operations.
- Investigates grant opportunities for the purpose of providing additional technology resources for equipment, training, etc.
- Maintains oversight of district phone systems (e.g. phone lines, connections, mobile phone services, etc.) for the purpose of making recommendations that facilitate effective phone services at reasonable costs.
- Acts as a liaison with business sources and school support groups for the purpose of subsidizing the acquisition of new technology by soliciting and obtaining funding, hardware, software, expertise and/or community support.
- Manages assets control and the removal and/or discarding of equipment for the purpose of ensuring compliance with District policies and guidelines.
- Monitors all software licensing for the purpose of ensuring that the District remains in compliance with all requirements.
- Monitors technology budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Oversees the development of the district-wide area and local area networks for the purpose of ensuring the efficient growth and development of productivity computing for teachers, classified/support staff, District administrators and Board members.
- Oversees the maintenance of services and the implementation of new programs and/or processes for the purpose of providing services within established timeframes and in compliance with related requirements. Oversees the UTREX System as well as E-Rate.
- Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. workshops, inter and intra District committees, community and public agencies, seminars, conferences, state regional meetings, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information to perform job functions.
- Performs lead technology department functions (e.g. supervising, training, overseeing, prioritizing, advising, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring necessary department/program outcomes are achieved.
- Prepares all written materials for local, state and federal agencies (e.g. reports, reimbursements, proposals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and/or conveying information and to meet all applicable reporting requirements.
- Presents information on a variety of topics related to the integration of technology for the purpose of providing general information, training others, implementing actions, etc.
- Serves as liaison to software/hardware providers for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information and coordinating District activities.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of resolving operational issues and restoring services for instructional, administrative and business functions.
- Preps District office rooms with technology needs (e.g. laptops, overhead projectors, screens, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring provided media for various meetings and/or events is set up and working properly.
Other duties as assigned by the superintendent, such as electronic control of heating systems, campus security camera monitoring, ensuring ethics with teachers, employees and student electronic use as well as working with school counselor on electronic credit tracer.
Adopted June 13, 2017