3004 - Orientation
(Amended Nov. 12, 2002)
The supervisor is responsible for the orientation of new staff assigned to his/her school. He/she should give information and general directions in regard to the following:
- The names of fellow employees.
- Location and use of physical facilities of building: classroom, cafeteria, library, teachers' lounge, and lavatories.
- Forms: attendance reports, purchase orders, etc.
- Method of ordering supplies, securing equipment, etc.
- Work schedule and meaning of all bell signals.
- Regulations for pupils during, before and after school hours.
- Directions regarding meetings, in-service training meetings, other meetings, assignments, regulations, policies concerning absence, attendance, etc.
- The goals and aspirations of our schools.
- School system policies and regulations.
- Benefits and workplace rules