1154 - District Secretary
REPORTS TO: Superintendent and Business Administrator
JOB GOAL: Develop good will among district staff and between the public and school district by communicating effectively and courteously, and by skillfully and professionally performing secretarial duties.
- Greets visitors and answers questions.
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls.
- Helps prepare board agendas, folders, minutes, policies, and other related materials and correspondence. Delivers agendas to board members. Contacts the board concerning various events.
- Types agenda for custodial workshop and prepares folders.
- Supplies, distributes, and files student insurance .forms, claim forms, and accident forms.
- Assists in stocking shelves with supplies. Processes purchase orders.
- Advertises most legal items in media.
- Keeps record of home school participants and distributes and updates forms.
- Helps formulate school, administrative and board meeting calendars.
- Assists with the following reports: First Report of Injury, student accident, driver education, custodial, and risk management.
- Types, files, and writes news releases as requested. Types reports, letters, and memos for Superintendent, assistant Superintendent, and business administrator.
- Distributes mail. Operates copy and fax machines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on Evaluation of Support Service Personnel.