3002 - Physical Examination

#3002 - Physical Examination

All bus drivers are required to have a physical examination upon employment and every one or two years thereafter by a competent medical doctor and file a report of the same with the superintendent or designee. The Board shall reimburse up to $400.00 for such examination upon proof of receipt.

All personnel supporting the school meals programs are required to obtain and maintain a current food handlers permits. The Board shall allow employees time to complete this training during work hours. The district shall also reimburse fees associated with obtaining the permit upon proof of receipt.

The district also reserves the right to require a physician's release outlining any restrictions before the employee returns to work following illness, other leave, or at any time when the need for such examination may be indicated.

Confidentiality of Examination Results

Evidence of mental or physical condition provided by an applicant or employee pursuant to the previous section is deemed protected and may be disclosed only to:

  1. the applicant or employee, or a designated representative of the applicant or employee;
  2. school officers and members of the Board;
  3. the Department of Health;
  4. local health authorities;
  5. the physician or other authorized person(s) who performed the examination(s);
  6. a health care professional who has legitimate need to know the test result in order to provide for the health care provider's protection and welfare; or
  7. persons, entities, or classes of persons or entities authorized by written release signed by the applicant or employee.


Revised November 12th, 2002

Revised December 12th, 2023

District Home - CES - OES - PHS Sitemap

Piute County School District
500 North Main - P.O. Box 69
Junction, Utah 84740-0069
Phone: (435)-577-2912 - Fax: (435)-577-2561
© 2020 Piute County School District
Piute School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs. Please contact your school principal for further information.